Saturday, September 19, 2009

Two funny books

I wasn't supposed to buy any books in Iceland but since the bookstore there was so lovely (Eymundsson), I could not resist picking up a few books. Unfortunately none of the books are about Iceland. Actually, there would've been lovely coffee table books with beautiful pictures of Iceland, for example one called Lost in Iceland, but since I have no room for such books at home, there was no point in buying any of those.

I've managed to read one of the books I bought which is Funny in Farsi by Firoozeh Dumas. Firoozeh moved to the US with her family when she was seven years old. In this book she tells us about their life in the States and things that happen to her family. Firoozeh writes in a very warmhearted way and you get to laugh out loud many times with this book. Funny in Farsi is a quick and entertaining read and believe me, you will love Firoozeh's dad's antics!

Wife Living Dangerously, by Debra Kent was one of my Bookmooch finds. It's about Julia Flanagan, a wife and mother. She is very proper and has always put her family first. But these days her life seems rather dull. Her friends dare her to make her life more exciting by living dangerously once in a while but what happens when Julia starts living a bit too dangerously? Does she realize what she will lose if she continues? This book is an enjoyable read and quite funny at times but if you're looking for a challenging read, this isn't it.

No comments: