
I've read Me & Emma by Elizabeth Flock quite some time ago and I did not enjoy the reading experience. Thankfully I didn't remember this when I started reading But Inside I'm Screaming because it's quite likely that I wouldn't have picked this book up in that case.
Don't you adore the name of the book? I was loving the name as I started reading, so in a way I had high hopes for this book! And I was not dissanpointed.
The main character is Isabel Murphy who from the outside seems to have quite a wonderful life. But it is not so, which becomes painfully clear when she freezes whilst reporting the day's breaking news live on tv. Isabel tries to commit suicide and wakes up to the reality of her life, which has been spiralling out of control for quite some time. She voluntarily checks herself into a psychiatric hospital where she feels just as out of place as in her own life..
I really liked Isabel, she seems real and her story is very believable. In today's world where there is so much pressure to succeed it is not suprising if someone finds themselves in a similar situation as Isabel.
No comments:
Post a Comment