Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A dreadful read

I truly have trouble ditching a book after I've started reading it. I imagine that the storyline will perk up soon and I'll eventually be engrossed with the book. Unfortunately this doesn't usually happen. Grace and Truth by Jennifer Johnston is one of these books.

It's a truly dreadful tale about Sally, as successful actress whose husband leaves her. Sally throws him out immediately and starts a journey of finding herself. Sally has never known her father and her mother has died some time ago. She decides to start a realtionship with her estranged grandfather and maybe find out something about herself in the process. What she finds is truly appalling.

Unfortunately I have to be truthful and say that I did not like anything about this book. Even the characters are unsympahtetic, so it would be fair to say that I would not recommend Grace and Truth.

No comments: