
I just realized that haven't posted about read books for ages. I read this book for weeks on end, it's a very thick book - The Reading Group by Elizabeth Noble. You might remember that I've read another Elizabeth Noble book this year - Things I Want My Daughters To Know. I enjoyed The Reading Group more, although I felt like the ending really flopped.
The book is about - suprise suprise - a reading group. A bunch of ladies in different life situations who get together to discuss a book each month. The book follows the ladies for a year. But don't think that the book is only about the reading group sessions! Actually, I felt that the discussions they had about the books were quite minimal. Mostly you'll be reading about the women and what's happening to them during the year, what paths they choose to follow and what implications the choices have on their futures. I loved the characters who are of different ages and like I said in different places in their lives.
This book made me wish was part of a reading group! Maybe I should start one..
No comments:
Post a Comment