I have to confess, I am now obsessed with Nicci French books! Killing Me Softly is the second book I've now read by Nicci French. This one was even better than Catch Me When I Fall. Alice lives a very normal life: a good job, a nice boyfriend, lovely friends. Her life turns upside down when she encounters a man on the street who is so charismatic, sexy and intriguing that she abandons her stable life for a steamy affair with him. Alice moves in with the guy, Adam, and they get married very quickly. At this point Alice alienates herself totally from her old life.
At first she is wrapped up in sexual obsession with Adam and sees no fault in him. Soon enough, she starts having doubts about him and wonders if there is something fishy about his past.
The book is told from Alice's perspective. You get the idea why she falls for this guy and what she loves about him. But love turns to terror as things start unraveling...
I could not put this book down!
No comments:
Post a Comment