Sunday, January 10, 2010

Confronted by life

Don't you just love it when you pick up a book and the words just seem to be flying? Ask Again Later by Jill A. Davis is one of these books. I finished it in two days on my commute to work.


Emily is living midst a very hectic lifestyle and doesn't have the time to think about where life is taking her. When her mother calls her and says she's dying, she literally drops everything to support her. Her new life enables her to think about her life and relationships and look into her future.

The book is built on short chapters which are refreshing. Reading Emily's thoughts made me smile and cry, so even though it's a light read, the things Emily ponders about are profound. I truly enjoyed this book!

2 comments:

Katrina said...

The cover of this one and the short light chapters reminds me of Time of My Life by Amy Winn Scott. I think you might like it.

Mrs Suvi said...

Thank you for the recommendation - it really does look like something I'd enjoy! I added it to my wish list :)