I've been having a great reading spree lately. Here's two books I've just finished. I love the name of the first book Happiness Sold Separately by Lolly Winston. It just describes the story brilliantly. Elinor and her husband, Ted, have been trying to have a baby for years. It has now become apparent that they will never have a biological child and they themselves drifting apart and living separate lives under the same roof. Elinor is comforted by doing laundry and obsessing over a gorgeous tree in her front yard, Ted in turn is mesmerized by his personal trainer Gina from the gym. Will they be able to entwine their lives together again?
Lolly Winston has managed to make up characters which are all likeable in their own way. I love the way each character's voice is heard and you learn what they're feeling and where their behaviour is coming from. I thouroughly enjoyed this book!
A Worthy Legacy by Tomi Akinyanmi is not exactly the kind of genre I'd usually go for. It was a very quick read and interesting in itself. An old man lies dying in Nigeria and wants to pass on his wisdom to the next generations before he dies. He has simple instructions on how to survive life in general and how to be happy. Life is confusing and if you're looking for answers, you might find them in this book. It's a good read, gets you thinking.
2 comments:
I really like Winston as well and found Tomi's book thought provoking as well...
I'm trying to get Winston's Good Grief to read next :)
Post a Comment