KL traffic at a good time
I love the twin towers, be it day or night, they're beautiful
Behind KLCCI've been back home for less than a week now but it's hard to believe that last week I was in South East Asia! Bangkok was great till the end, I had lovely new friends to spend the after work time with and all the work stuff went smoothly as well.
It was so good to be back in Kuala Lumpur! The last time I was there was in 2006 but for those of you who don't know it, I grew up in KL, so I always crave to go back. What's sad about KL is the speed it changes. If you find a familiar place, there will be a new mall or condo built next to it. KL used to be a very beautiful city but with all the construction going on, it changes at a rate even the locals can't keep up! New speedways, monorails or shopping malls just don't do it for me, I'd rather look at beautiful colonial buildings and greenery.
For those of you who are familiar with Bangsar, the only thing familiar and in it's old place from the 80's was the McDonalds. There are new shopping malls and even the houses by the main road, Jalan Maarof, have been transformed into shophouses!! My Auntie took me for a drive and showed me the condo where we used to live. I was so suprised to see the rainforest behind it still intact - but maybe next time I drive by there, it will be gone. I hope not.
The best thing about being in KL is meeting old friends! That's one thing that never changes! Even though we've all moved on and many of us have families and so on, it's still great to have friends with who you can just pick off where you left off, even though you haven't seen each other for years. Even though I was pressed for time, I was lucky to have lunch dates with my friends and even attended a small reunion for the people from our year from GIS.
What I also love about South East Asia is that you can swim anytime. So I made good use of the hotel pool and had a morning or evening swim everyday. During this whole trip, I seriously didn't read any books, I was so busy!
The beautiful pool at the Renaissance
No comments:
Post a Comment