Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Crying Tree - excellent!

I found a mention of The Crying Tree by Naseem Rakhat on a book blog I follow and immediately added it to my wishlist. While visiting my local library, I was astonished when I accidentally found it on the shelf! Of course I grabbed it and I'm happy I did, it was a truly satisfying read.

I couldn't put this book down from the minute I started reading. It's once again a book with a heavy subject - a family loses their son when he is murdered in their own home. How can a family survive this? You will follow the family as they try to come to terms with their loss and learn to live again. Rakhat is a talented writer and managed to keep my interest for the whole time, even though in the end I guessed what was going to happen.

You will be confronted with the aspects of life: love, lies, truth, pain, grace, forgivness, redemption... The book is very powerful and it did leave me emotionally drained for a bit but it was totally worth it. Highly recommended!

No comments: