This was the last book I managed to complete in 2009. I found it hard to get into The Memory Game by Nicci French but just like with Catch Me When I Fall it perked up in the middle and I couldn't stop reading!!
The main character is Jane Martello who has married into the Martello family. She is now divorcing her husband but still takes part in the gathering of the two families at the Martello residence. Things take a turn when her childhood friend's bones are found buried in the garden. Sixteen year old Natalie Martello dissappeared 25 years ago and now the mystery is reopened. Jane goes on to investigate the matter herself and goes back to the golden memories of her childhood. But.. was her childhood as golden as she remembers?
I definitely want to read more Nicci French books as now that I've read three, I can say that Nicci French writes very entertaining thrillers.
5 months ago

2 comments:
I'm almost 100% sure I've read this book and enjoyed it, but I don't remember it at all! I must admit I've been worried about reading more Nicci French because many of her (their?) other books sound too creepy for my liking.
Happy New Year, by the way!
Happy New Year avisannschild! I've just started reading this genre, it's refreshing after so much chick lit' and I'm loving the creeps :)
Post a Comment