Sunday, May 23, 2010

Mailbox Monday - 24th May

Mailbox Monday is here again! It's been a few weeks since I've taken part because I've just been too busy to blog. But not too busy to recieve interesting books :)

Mailbox Monday a meme where bloggers share the books that they've got during the past week. I love seeing what others have got but be warned that it can result in a really looooong wishlist. The Printed Page hosts Mailbox Monday and The Story Siren In My Mailbox - visit the sites to see other bloggers' loot!


Here's mine:

Secret Daughter by Shilpi Somaya Gowda - very very excited about this one, an adoption theme!!

A Change in Altitude by Anita Shreve - also extremely excited and can't wait to read this, it's based in Kenya one of my most favourite countries in the world.

Find Me by Rosie O'Donnell - could be interesting, many different opinions about this book going around.

Loose Girl by Kerry Cohen - not sure about this one, seems quite disturbing.

What goodies came to your mailbox this week?

18 comments:

Mary (Bookfan) said...

I've heard Secret Daughter is wonderful. Didn't know Rosie O'Donnell had a book out. Looks like you've got some good reading ahead :)

Luanne said...

Loose Girl has actaully been very popular with teen readers at my library. I had a quick glance through it - she's honest and it's not promoting promiscuity, rather the opposite. I'll watch for your reivew. I like the original cover better though.

bermudaonion said...

Secret Daughter looks so good, and I feel sure the Anita Shreve title is too. I didn't know Rosie O'Donnell had a new book out - I'm curious about it. Happy reading!

Mrs Suvi said...

Mary and bermudaonion: The Rosie O'Donnell book is actually from 2002, I got it through Bookmooch :)

Luanne: Thanks for the comments on Loose Girl, I think I'll give it a try, it does sound interesting!

Kelly said...

All look great, enjoy!

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

These look good!

Here is mine

The Bookworm said...

Great mailbox, they all look interesting, happy reading :)
http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

Carina said...

I picked up Loose Girl a couple months ago but haven't gotten to it yet.

Here's what I got this week!

pussreboots said...

I read and loved A Change of Altitude over Christmas. Happy reading. Pussreboots.

Stephanie said...

These look terrific -- I am especially drawn to Secret Daughter. Enjoy!

Jennifer @ Mrs. Q: Book Addict said...

Secret Daughter is on my wishlist, I hope you enjoy it. Great list of books!

Cathy said...

I've just added Anita Shreve's book to my wish list. Happy Reading!

DCMetroreader said...

Very nice assortment of books. I would especially like to read Find Me as O'Donnell is an interesting woman.

Enjoy your books!

Minding Spot said...

I really like the cover of Loose Girls! Great haul this week -- enjoy!

Alyce said...

I'm curious about the Rosie O'Donnell book. I've had Secret Daughter on my wish list, so this was a good reminder about that book.

Gilion at Rose City Reader said...

Looks like a good stash of books!

Here is my MM list on Rose City Reader.

Staci said...

I read Loose Girl and it will leave you disturbed on several levels. Secret daughter is one that I must read! Enjoy!

Alice said...

Interesting mailbox you have! I'm interested in the Rosie O'Donnell one.