So for the past few weeks I've been shopping and trying to update my Spring/Summer wardrobe from casual to something more stylish and smart. I've even bought a suit which at least I think doesn't look like my mother's! Nowadays even Helsinki has shops like Zara, Mango and H&M which have nice, affordable clothes, otherwise I would be bankrupt by now. I was also lucky that my work trip is now and not in the winter months because the Spring collections started coming into the shops in February so there's been a lot of variety to choose from.
What makes the clothing matter more difficult is that I'll be in three different cities which all have different climates. Bogota, the capital of Colombia, is at the altitude of 2,640m and that makes the weather cool during the day and cold at night. Apparently Cali has a semi tropical climate and Medellin has a Spring-like climate. After all this exhausting shopping, I'll be so mad if my suitcase gets lost or someone steals the contents!
Here's a sneak peek to something I bought. The first pair was just so cute, I couldn't resist them and I think I'll wear them on the airplane since they're not exactly office style :) The other pair was discounted 40%, so they were a find!
2 comments:
hi honey! Can u believe that i also dun hv proper office clothes for the past 2 years only cos i refuse to buy new ones until i lose all the pregancy weight! So ive just been wearing cardies and singlet underneath or just blouse that id normally pair off with jeans but instead i wear with my one loyal pair of black pants! Ive noticed that for women as opposed to men, the dress code is kinda relaxed so i dun tink its a must for us to wear suits like men, so long as we dun look like we're goin clubbing or to the beach it should be ok!
Oh but the shoes look great!! Smart casual i would say.. U can wear outside and during work too!
Hi honey! Our office is EVEN more relaxed than what you described, we can wear jeans everyday! So you can imagine I didn't have almost anything suitable for meeting Colombian authorities.. There's actually only one meeting where I'm going to need to wear the suit, otherwise black pants, etc. Thank goodness because since I'm not used to wearing those kinds of office clothes, I don't really feel very comfortable in them!!
Post a Comment