Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Mammoth

It's been ages since hubby and I had a chance to go to the movies together (without the kids) AND I can't remember when I've managed to get hubby to watch a movie which I have wanted to see. So I was quite happy last weekend when my mom came to babysit and gave us the rare opportunity of a night out and for once I chose the movie!

So we went to see Mammoth which is directed and written by the Swede Lukas Moodysson. It stars Michelle Williams (remember when she was on Dawson's Creek?) and Gael García Bernal (quite cute). The movie is set in NY, the Philippines and Thailand. In all fairness, it's not really a men's movie. Hubby and some guy sitting on my other side seemed to be quite bored and were both most likely hoping that it would end as soon as possible!!

It's not the worst movie in the world but it really is a great big cliché and so predictable. Despite this, it does provoke thoughts about globalization and family, etc.


Have you ever found yourself looking out of your hotel window like this?

1 comment:

Pweshes Mama said...

sigh.. that picture looks so familiar to me! I do that all the time! hahaha