
During the lovely four day weekend (Easter holidays you see) my family and I had time to go to Noux National Park. I can't remember when we went last, maybe over a year ago? Anyway, it was supposed to be nice and warm but instead the air was crisp and cool. But what can you do, that's Finland for you! There was still quite a lot of snow since it's the forest and it takes so much longer to melt there.

We trekked for four hours and stopped in between to make a fire and eat lunch. This was the first time our son walked the whole way!

Noux National Park is very popular nowadays but if you can read a map and use a compass, you can get off the beaten track and find peace and quiet. Just a while ago some trekkers actually saw a bear and her cubs - scary! I think our kids make so much noise that bears and other animals run off!
No comments:
Post a Comment