
I mooched Blame it on Paris by Jennifer Greene from Bookmooch, thinking that a romantic tale based in Paris would be a refreshing read. How wrong I was!
The book starts as Kelly travels to Paris from the US without telling anyone at home, just before her wedding. She is planning to catch up with her past and find out something about her father, who she never had the chance to know. But right in the beginning of her trip she's mugged! Alone in Paris, with only school-girl French to go by with, no passport or cash - quite a nightmare. Then a stranger, Will, from her home town in the US just happens to stroll by and decides to rescue her. Next thing you know, Kelly is cheating on her finace with Will and they fall madly in love. Not my cup of tea.
Both the main characters, Kelly and Will, have father issues but it felt like they were making a bigger deal (especially Kelly) about something that wasn't even there. I couldn't emphatize with any of the characters, I actually found them and their behaviour very unsympathetic.
So to sum it up, Blame it on Paris was a very unsatisfying read for me and I really had to struggle to get through it. I'm not inclined to recommend it even for a light summer read.
No comments:
Post a Comment