Sunday, January 17, 2010

Mailbox Monday - January 18th


Thanks to Marcia at The Printed Page for hosting Mailbox Monday! Last week I recieved two books. First, Stolen Innocence: My Story of Growing Up in a Ploygamous Sect, Becoming a Teenage Bride and Breaking Free of Warren Jeffs by Elissa Wall. Another story of the Fundamentalist Church of Latter Day Saints. The other one was Just One Look by Harlan Coben which I'm sure will be spooky.


14 comments:

Katrina said...

I have almost picked up Stolen Innocence a million times, not sure why I don't. You will have to let us know what you think of it. Have a great reading week and feel free to stop by my Mailbox

bermudaonion said...

I'd like to read Stolen Innocence too. Enjoy!

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

The first one looks interesting. Here is mine

Unknown said...

I think Stolen Innocence might be upsetting to read, for the way women are treated as chattel in some ways.

Mrs Suvi said...

Katrina, bermudaonion and Brooke: I have so many books unfinished at the moment but I couldn't resist taking a peek at Stolen Innocence and it seems very good.

Elizabeth: I just read Escape by Carolyn Jessop, which was upsetting but very eyeopening as well, so this one is continuing the theme :)

Mary (Bookfan) said...

These are new to me. I really need to read a Harlen Coben book one of these days. There's one on our bookshelves - hubby just read it and liked it (not sure but I think title is Deal Breaker).

Kaye said...

Ooh, Harlen Coben, lucky you. Have a good week, enjoy your new books and happy reading.

Kristen said...

Looks like you got good books this week. Enjoy them!

DCMetroreader said...

Stolen Innocence sounds sad, but compelling.

Happy reading!

Alayne said...

Nice books, hope you enjoy them! My mailbox is at The Crowded Leaf.

Mrs Suvi said...

Thanks all! Glad to hear some of you have enjoyed Harlen Coben, if I like this one, I'll have to get more..

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Very captivating books!

My MM is here:

http://laurelrainsnowcreations.blogspot.com/2010/01/mailbox-monday_18.html

Beth(bookaholicmom) said...

I have been wanting to read Stolen Innocence. I hope you enjoy both of your books!

Luanne said...

The Harlan Coben is very good!!