
Finally I managed to finish a book! It's been ages. Anyway, it's The Memory Garden by Rachel Hore. It was really difficult for me to get into this book and I think it's because I'd read a fabulous book with a similar name a while back - The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton, which was beautifully written and an astonishingly haunting tale.
The Memory Garden is a good summer read, a nice story once you get into it. There are two stories going on, one of Mel in the present day and one of Pearl a century ago. Two ladies, struggling to find love and happiness. The setting is in Cornwall (which sounds like a enchanting place if the book is anything to go by!) and of course there are men and a mysterious garden involved.
I recommend this for those lazy days of summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment