I watched Up in the Air on the flight from Johannesburg to Paris, trying to avoid conversation with the guy sitting next to me who I heard saying that he didn't remember where he'd been in South Africa! Who travels to the other side of the world and doesn't remember where he's been?!
Anyway, I'd been wanting to see Up in the Air for a while, so I was delighted that I finally got the chance and what better setting for this particular movie than in an airplane?
Ryan Bingham (George Clooney) is happy as long as he is moving - and that's what his job enables him to do - he jets all over the country firing people, earning frequent flier miles in the process. On his travels he falls for Alex (Vera Farmiga), someone who shares his lifestyle. Just when life seems good, Ryan's boss decides to ground him! Ryan's boss has been ispired by a young and enthusiastic Natalie (Anna Kendric). Ryan has to convince Natalie that her way of firing people is not the way to go, hence they travel together. Maybe Ryan and Natalie can learn something from each other..
Up in the Air is a cute movie with the cutest stars - I mean who could resist swoony George Clooney or sweet Anna Kendric? It's easy to understand Ryan, he's running from something and what better way to do that than travel for work - that way there is no time to stay at home and take a long look at your real life. The movie had it's moments but for me, it was just another nice movie with the most charming male lead actor... don't you love Clooney's greying hair?
6 months ago

1 comment:
Oh yes, it's hard to resist George Clooney. Affirmative.
Post a Comment