Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day to all!

Happy Valentine's day Comments

Happy Valentine's Day to all my readers! I hope you have a very special day.

Valentine's Day has been translated into Finnish as Ystävänpäivä, which means Friendship Day. It's still quite a low key affair over here. If the movie Valentine's Day is anything to go about, it's the opposite of what it's like in the States!

My colleagues and I went to see the movie on Friday and while it was a nice ending to the working week and left us all with smiles on our faces - I wouldn't say it was something I'd like to see again - like my favourite feel-good movies The Holiday or Love Actually. At one point it was just too sappy and the hype around V-day just seemed a bit too much - at least for me!

What's your fave feel-good movie?

(Image courtesy of http://www.comments-hi5.com/)

5 comments:

Mary (Bookfan) said...

My husband and I saw Valentine's Day yesterday. It had some amusing moments but my favorite film about being in love is still Love,Actually. So good.

bermudaonion said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you too! I'm sure that movie overplayed it, but it's a much bigger deal here than it was in France. My nephew, who's unattached at the moment, calls it "Singles Awareness Day."

Mrs Suvi said...

Mary: I really looove Love Actually! It's such a cute movie.

bermudaoinin: Single Awareness Day - that's a good one!

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

Happy Valentine's Day!

Here is mine

Alayne said...

The books look good! Happy reading. My mailbox is at The Crowded Leaf.